The MQTT integration feature in FacilityBot supports IoT meters. Therefore, IoT sensors can directly link to meters to automatically populate meter readings.
Connecting a Sensor to FacilityBot
- Log in to FacilityBot.
- Go to Integrations, MQTT, then click on Sensors.
- To create a new sensor in FacilityBot, click on + New Sensor.
- A floating editing panel will appear where you can enter the details of the sensor.
- Enter the device name, the trigger condition, the score, and the minimum interval between triggers.
- Link this Sensor to a Meter to automatically populate meter readings from this Sensor by clicking on the Add Meter button.
- All sensor readings that are sent to FacilityBot via the `score` field will directly populate meter readings for the linked meter.
Sending Test Data
To send test payload data,
- Hover on the sensor and click on the “Send Test Data” icon.
- A panel will appear on the right. Here, you can enter the payload data. Payload data should consist of a single ‘score’ field sent in a JSON format.
- Once sent, the sensor will automatically populate meter readings.