Fault Types are used to identify different types of faults that Requestors can report. Each Fault Report is linked to a Fault Type. This allows them to be managed by what kind of fault has happened. Fault Types can be used to set up automatic workflows to assign Requests to Responders depending on the fault. They can also be used to break down and analyse report data.
Each Fault Type can also have multiple Sub-Types. Fault Sub-Types are useful to classify the fault in more specific detail.
How to Create a New Fault Type
- Log into FacilityBot.
- Open the “Settings” menu from the bottom left icons.
- Select “Requests”, then select the “Fault Types” tab.
- Select the “+New” button at the far right. A floating window appears to create a new Fault Type. Up to 9 Fault Types may be created at any one time.
- Give the Fault Type a name. Fault Type names cannot be repeated if one with the same name has already been created.
- Create any sub-types by clicking and typing in the “Fault Sub-Type Tags” field. Press Enter or click again to finish each sub-type and start a new one.
- Click “OK” at the bottom right of the floating window to finish creating the Fault Type and add it to the list in the main window.
How to Modify or Delete an Existing Fault Type
- Mouse-over the Fault Type in the main window to reveal floating “pencil” and “dustbin” icons at its far right.
- Modify the Fault Type: Click the “pencil” icon to edit the Fault Type. Delete the Fault Type: Click the “dustbin” icon to delete the Fault Type.
- Clicking the “pencil” icon will open a floating editing panel on the right.
- Modify the name of the Fault Type in the editing panel using the “pencil” icon to its right.
- Create sub-types by clicking and typing in the “Fault Sub-Type Tags” field. Press Enter or click again to finish each sub-type and start a new one.
- Delete sub-types using the “x” icons on each sub-type.
- Click “Update” at the bottom right of the editing panel to finish editing and go back to the main window.
(Note: Delete the Fault Type: you can also delete the Fault Type in the editing panel using the “dustbin” icon near the top right, above the Name field.)