The IoT integration feature in FacilityBot allows facility managers to integrate IOT sensors to FacilityBot. FacilityBot can then automatically create a request ticket and alert a Responder when the sensors are triggered.
Connecting a Sensor to FacilityBot
- Log in to FacilityBot.
- Go to Integrations, then click on Sensors.
- To integrate a sensor into FacilityBot, click on + New Sensor
- A floating editing panel will appear where you can enter the details of the sensor.
- Enter the device name,
- Select the trigger parameter name. This is the parameter for this sensor that FacilityBot will look out for to trigger requests. For example, the user can set Temperature as the trigger parameter.
- Enter the trigger condition, score, and minimum interval between triggers.
(Note: The minimum interval between triggers setting is useful to avoid a situation where too many request tickets are created or alerts sent within a short amount of time for the same event when the sensor level exceeds and stays above the trigger threshold.)
- Managers can use the data found in Integrations → Sensors → Connection to view access information for FacilityBot’s MQTT broker.
- Once a trigger condition is set up for a sensor, FacilityBot needs to know what to do with that trigger.
- To do this, go to Features, Workflows, then click on +New Workflow.
- Select Sensor integration, the sensor name, and set a workflow to create a new request with a specified location tag (where the sensor is physically placed) and description.
- Once enabled, FacilityBot will automatically generate a request ticket once the sensor sends data through MQTT that meets the specified trigger condition.