The MQTT integration feature in FacilityBot allows facility managers to integrate IOT sensors to FacilityBot. FacilityBot can then automatically create a request ticket and alert a Responder when the sensors are triggered.
Connecting a Sensor to FacilityBot
- Log in to FacilityBot.
- Go to Integrations, MQTT, then click on Sensors.
- To integrate a sensor to FacilityBot, click on + New Sensor
- A floating editing panel will appear where you can enter the details of the sensor.
- Enter the device name, the trigger condition, score, and minimum interval between triggers.
(Note: The minimum interval between triggers setting is useful to avoid a situation where too many request tickets are created or alerts sent within a short amount of time for the same event when the sensor level exceeds and stays above the trigger threshold.)
- Managers can use the data found in Integrations → MQTT → Connection to view access information for FacilityBot’s MQTT broker.
- Once a trigger condition is set up for a sensor, FacilityBot needs to know what to do with that trigger.
- To do this, go to Features, Workflows, then click on +New Workflow.
- Select MQTT integration, the sensor name, and set a workflow to create a new request with a specified location tag (where the sensor is physically placed) and description.
- Once enabled, FacilityBot will automatically generate a request ticket once the sensor sends data through MQTT that meets the specified trigger condition.