Location Tags are used to define and identify different facilities or locations in a building. They can be linked to Requests to allow Requests to be managed by location. They can also be used to set up automatic workflows to assign Requests to Responders and to break down and analyze Request data by location.
Location Tags can also have Synonyms to identify alternate names for each location. Synonyms allow the system to recognize when Requestors may be referring to the location by another name.
How to Create a New Location Tag
- Log into FacilityBot.
- Open the “Settings” menu from the bottom left icons.
- Select “Requests”, then select the “Location Tags” tab.
- Select the “+New” button at the far right. A floating window appears to create a new Location Tag.
- Give the Location Tag a name. Location Tag names cannot be repeated if one with the same name has already been created.
- Create any Synonyms by clicking and typing in the “Synonyms” field. Press Enter or click again to finish each synonym and start a new one.
- Click “OK” at the bottom right of the floating window to finish creating the Location Tag and add it to the list in the main window.
How to Create a New Location Tag by Importing CSV
- Click on the “Import CSV” button beside the “+New” button at the far right.
- A floating panel will appear. Download the Location Tag Import CSV Sample to help you populate the CSV file.
- Populate the CSV/Excel file.
(Note: Row 1 of the CSV template contains the column headers. Do not delete or edit Row 1.)
4. Enter the name of the location tag. The “Name” field is compulsory. The “Synonyms” column is optional. Use a comma symbol “,” to separate multiple synonyms.
5. Once populated, upload the CSV/Excel file and click “Ok” on the floating panel.
How to Modify or Delete an Existing Location Tag
- Mouse-over the Location Tag in the main window to reveal floating “pencil” and “dustbin” icons at its far right.
- Modify the Location Tag: Click the “pencil” icon to edit the Location Tag. Delete the Location Tag: Click the “dustbin” icon to delete the Location Tag.
- Clicking the “pencil” icon will open a floating editing panel on the right.
- Modify the name of the Location Tag in the editing panel using the “pencil” icon to its right.
- Create synonyms by clicking and typing in the “Synonyms” field. Press Enter or click again to finish each synonym and start a new one.
- Delete synonyms using the “x” icons on each synonym.
- Click “Update” at the bottom right of the editing panel to finish editing and go back to the main window.
(Note: Delete the Location Tag: you can also delete the Location Tag in the editing panel using the “dustbin” icon near the top right, above the Name field.)